Monday, January 5, 2009

Recognizing Life Purpose

As we kick off 2009, I thought I would share an affirmation meditation written by one of my favorite spiritual well-being teachers, Orin and DaBen:

Recognizing Life Purpose

With each breath in I affirm I have a life purpose.

With each breath out I send my purpose out to the world,
where it may manifest in my life.
This continues automatically, as I breathe in and out.

I now release other people's pictures
of what I should do or accomplish with my life.

I know what I love to do.
I affirm that I can do what I love,
knowing that as I do I am living my life purpose.

I now know what to do that brings me joy.
I affirm that I can do what brings me joy,
knowing that as I do I am living my life purpose.

I decide to do what is for my highest good,
knowing that as I do it serves the higher good of others
and is part of living my life purpose.

I fulfill my life purpose in every action I take.
I follow my heart and my joy.

I release everything in my life that is not part of my life purpose.

Today I take the time to listen to what my heart is telling me.
I ask myself,"What would I love to do today,
that will bring me joy, that will serve my higher good?"

I think of one thing I can do today that is my life purpose
because it fills my heart with joy and love,
and because it serves my higher good.

I make a picture of doing it and carry out this thought with action.
I am the captain of my ship,
and I am guiding my ship exactly where I want it to go.

I am now creating my ideal life
as I find and live my higher purpose.


As we take responsiblility for our own joy, as we live life from a place of purpose, may we all find the peace and harmony that is our divine right.

Blessings for the New Year and beyond,

Mags

No comments:

Post a Comment