Thursday, June 21, 2007

Coincidences = Destiny

Although I have not yet officially authored a book, I am inspired to write and publish one. This inspiration comes from almost two years of throwing myself into helping a friend and colleague publish his. Self-publishing a book was not something I thought much about doing. However, the universe did find it appropriate to connect me with the now author of Simple Happiness, Jim Ryan.

A financial planner turned motivational speaker talking all over Long Island, Jim found himself writing his empowering thoughts and ideas on paper. A mutual friend, who was working for him at the time, periodically typed his notes into chapters. When she got to the chapter entitled, "Me Meditate?" she decided he needed to meet me as I regularly teach meditation. The day Jim came to my meditation circle was the same time that I was writing inspirational messages about joy. He was talking happiness; I was talking joy. The union was very synchronistic, but we did nothing about it.

Several months later, I ran into Jim at a harbor park in Northport where I proceeded to invite him to join a community committee called "consciousness in the courtyard." The group was expected to gather monthly for an open forum to expand awareness about our little spot in suburbia. Turns out, Jim and I were the only ones showing up at the meetings. It soon became apparent that the universe was bringing us together for a greater reason. We just weren't sure why. His book's theme of happiness again matched my insight about the vibration of joy so we began to pursue a business relationship with a goal of getting his book published, as well as using my marketing skills to promote his speaking career.

As a side bar, it is interesting to me that with all the hype about the "Secret"--the law of attraction--what is not made very clear is that most often we are not aware about what we are actually asking for. We say the words but we feel something else. And then, when our true request shows up, we are clueless. I have figured out the good news about missing the boat; another one shows up afterwards. Even when we miss it twice, by the third time it shows up we begin to take notice. Coincidences, or synchro-destiny as Deepak Chopra calls it, is the universe's way of confirming your order. It is up to you at that point whether or not to accept the delivery when it comes...and to then take the appropriate action!

And that is exactly what Jim Ryan and I did. We took a leap of faith into the world of self-publishing. It was a territory never explored by either of us. But here we are a blink of an eye later; his book successfully published. Not only selling on Amazon.com and subsequently paired with the bestselling book "The Secret," Jim was recently a featured author at Book Expo America, the countries largest book market trade show. You can listen to his BEA PodCast here.

I still don't have a manuscript written for a book, but I do think about it and have placed my order for a #1 bestseller. Deliveries are already beginning to be show up in the form of ideas and coincidences. It feels good just to know my book is on its way!

No comments:

Post a Comment