Monday, June 25, 2007

Channelling JOY

Back in spring of 2004, I became fascinated by certain letters and books I had read that were said to be channeled. Namely books by Kryon, an entity in charge of the magnetics of the planet, among other things, who is channeled by a businessman named Lee Carroll; books by Abraham, a group of non-physical teachers of the universal laws, channeled by Ester Hicks; Orin and DaBen, teachers of the light-body and higher self. Of course, many know books by Seth, who was channeled by Jane Roberts back in the late 60s into the 70s, and the great work of Edgar Cayce, known as the sleeping prophet, who channeled Archangel Michael and others.

In a nutshell, channelling or auto-writing means opening to higher realms of intelligence which is communicated through oral or written form. I decided to use Orin and DaBen's book and tape called Opening to Channel, which gave instruction on how to do it. I began with auto-writing; inspiration while under a meditative or hypnotic state.

Basically, I would sit in front of the word-processor, close my eyes and meditate a few moments with deep breath. Placing my hands on the keyboard, I would keep my eyes closed and mentally or out loud pose a question. The first time it took a while for my fingers to start typing. Later, almost immediately my hands would begin to quickly type the rapid thoughts that would flow through my head. Most of the time, I would not stop writing for five, ten, even fifteen minutes. Afterwards, I would read back what I wrote. Often the words ran into each other without spaces between them. I thought that to be odd since I am a good typist and regularly use the space bar. Nevertheless, I would not add or delete any words but simply edit spelling and add space between words.

As I read what I wrote I was quite surprised. I found that the writing was not my usual style and the response was wiser than I felt I would have thought to write. At one point, the writings began to be signed, Divine, with an initial postscript saying it is not who I am but what I am. I thought, "Was I actually channelling non-physical intelligence?" Something definitely greater than my usual self had come through. After about a half a dozen or so writings, I decided that it must be my higher self. It was me, except without my mind getting in the way to bog down my clear thoughts. After six months of interesting information and questions answered, I suddenly stopped doing it. The last thing I wrote strongly affected me. It seemed like there was nothing more I could really ask. It answered it all. The rest was up to me.

The last request I asked was, "Tell me about Joy." After I read the response, about a thousand times, I realized it was something very important.

Now, everyday I endeavor to embrace my Joy, who I really am. However, in doing so, I am blatantly reminded that my greatest discovery is also my greatest challenge. Such is the mystery of life!

Following is my channel about Joy written in a poetic format. The words basically remain as I received them. May they resonate with your higher truth and provoke you to seek out the power of your Joy!


The Anatomy of Joy

Joy is the essence of all things.
It is the I Am—all that is.
It is all that is good, all that is desired.
It is universal and it is the universe
It is the creator, the whole, the truth, the reason for all things.
It is pure love, the highest vibration.
It creates with power.
It is the engine of creation—of balance.
It is harmony. It is peace. It is happiness. It is love. It is wisdom.
It is the key to all of life.
In its simplicity, it is immense.
What seems so small or so far away is here and now and is great
You search there, yet it is here.
Joy is a gift, a gem,
A precious offering to you for you to see the truth in all things.
You overlook the joy and then you say you don’t find it.
You seek in places that you expect to see it, yet it is not there.
It appears as an illusion, a reflection of its true self.
Search in the right place—in your heart, in your own mind,
in your own being, in your own existence, in your own light.
You are the Joy.
(c) Copyright by Maggie Kalas 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment