Monday, April 20, 2009

Usui Reiki vs Karuna Reiki?

As a Reiki Master, I decided to join a couple Reiki groups on the LinkedIN networking site, one of which is called Reiki Healers Worldwide. Today I noted the following question, "What is the difference between Usui Reiki and Karuna Reiki? Is one better than the other?"

There were several comments offering a variety of answers--all good. I, of course, offered my two-cents as well. Just in case you are interested, I thought I would share my feedback with you here.

Usui Reiki vs. Karuna Reiki

Simply put, Usui Method of Reiki is done in accordance with the Usui Shiki Ryoho tradition named after and taught by Master Mikao Usui.

Although I am not a student of Karuna, I do follow William Rand's teachings and believe it to be an intensive healing practice that certainly expands the traditional Usui teaching. My feeling is that the symbols and other techniques used in Karuna acts in a similar way the Reiki II Usui symbols enhanced the Reiki I experience. To me, the symbols are merely pointers or intention activators, which are quite useful for keeping the practitioner focused and in alignment with the energy intention. The recipient also surely benefits.

I applaud William Rand for taking a leading position to discover other methods for increasing the practitioner's vibration, which is really what Reiki is all about. As the practitioner is able to hold a higher vibration Being Reiki, the recipient's intelligent energy system naturally seeks to align with it. Win, win!

In my opinion, there are many ways to expand your light and raise your vibration. Usui Reiki is a wonderful platform; Karuna is another path. I have done other studies and practices to fine tune and expand the light body, which all have enhanced my healing practice. I would encourage anyone who has found Reiki, is attuned with it, practices it or teaches it, to always continue to learn new ways to develop their gift of being a lightworker.

I like the idea of following tradition, but I also like the idea of living on the leading edge of thought. If you are drawn to Karuna, go for it!

Consider it all JOY!

In light,
Maggie Kalas
http://www.attitudelift.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment