Thursday, December 5, 2013

So Here I am... Let Me Be


The other day my daughter spotted a ladybug on the dining room table. It was sitting still on the far southeast end; nearly spotless. In my highest wisdom, I suggested we move the bright red darling to my nature alter on the others side of the room. Surely it would like to be there with all the rocks and shells and colorful dried leaves and such? So I did and left it at that.

And then today, as I am walking out of the dining room (where I do much of my work), I see a spot on the end of the table. As I look closer, it is indeed what looks like the same lady bug. It is sitting in the exact spot we initially found him. 

Hmmm. So do you think I left it alone? No! Again I grabbed the big maple leaf off the alter and transported him there on it. Now, I have no expectations. Yet, I am childishly curious if he will venture out to his desired spot on the table. And if this is so... I will let him be.

Lesson: Sometimes we must let things be as they are. Not everything is for our involvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment